REDISCOVER & REINVENT
These last few weeks have been a very emotional and difficult time for most people across the world. We have gone from being used to hanging out with our family and friends to being stuck in the house. Entertainment, restaurants, and sports have all come to a screeching halt while many struggle to find a new everyday routine virtually. Small businesses and entrepreneurs are finding new ways to survive the changes of their business closing and finding new ways to be creative with their content. Words like social distancing and quarantine has become the new norm. Going into any store requires a mask and standing online anywhere between 25 - 40 minutes while you're 6 feet apart. Grief and sadness has struck the world as thousands lose their lives daily, and many are grieving the loss of someone, touch, or just their normal everyday routine.
Initially, it probably felt good to be home, getting rest and having more time in the day to do things you've been needing to do for a while. But by Day 7 staying home seemed weird. One might even say they seem restless, unproductive, anxious, and needed to escape their space.
What if I told you instead of running away from those feelings to lean into those feelings?
As I sit back and think about these last few weeks I'm brought to a remembrance of my first hiking trip. It was one of the most challenging but adventurous things that I have done in my life. It forced me to push past my uncomfortability and rediscover my strength as I redefined what I thought I could do. Whether your resting or tapping into your creative juices in these past 4 weeks this is for you!
Today I ask you to join me on a journey of rediscovery and reinvent yourself in this season.
How do you do that you may ask?
Take time to rest and guard yourself from negativity(ie. news outlets, social media)
- Create a space to affirm yourself.
2. Pray, Mediate, and practice silence.
- Filter your thoughts for quality thinking and write the good ones down.
3. Choose yourself everyday.
- Simple actions like taking a shower, brushing your teeth, smelling good and getting dressed go a far way.
4. Write down things that make you happy and bring joy to your life.
- Intentionally practice one of them a day.
5. Understand the things that trigger you and are making you uncomfortable in this season
- Write them down and think about where it stems from. Speak the opposite.
6. Where you feel useless or stuck reinvent your job and productivity
- Brainstorm how you can translate your business idea on a virtual platform.
7. If you are a creative with a million ideas pick one and test it out.
- Test your greatness if the 1st thing fails, learn from it and start with the 2nd one.
Position your mind towards rediscovery and refine you!